- Silver cloud Health have produced free online self-help guides to support emotional wellbeing and resilience
- Elefriends is an online supportive community for people struggling with their mental health and lots of self-help ideas
- Big White Wall is an online supportive community moderated by mental health professionals
- Kooth.com – online mental wellbeing community for those under 18, providing free, safe and anonymous support and counselling.
There are a number of free apps to down load that can support emotional wellbeing – these include:
- Chill Panda – Learn to relax, manage your worries and improve your wellbeing with Chill Panda. The app measures your heart rate and suggests tasks to suit your state of mind. Tasks include simple breathing techniques and light exercises to take your mind off your worries.
- Catch it – The app will teach you how to look at problems in a different way, turn negative thoughts into positive ones and improve your mental wellbeing
- Cove – Create music to capture your mood and express how you feel with the Cove app. Instead of words, create music to reflect emotions like joy, sadness, calm and anger. You can store your music in a personal journal, or send them to someone and let the music do the talking
- Thrive – helps you prevent and manage stress, anxiety and related conditions. The game based app can be used to relax before a stressful situation or on a more regular basis to help you live a happier, more stress-free life