Baby Welcome and Baby Welcome Plus Awards
What are the Baby Welcome and Welcome Plus Awards?
The Baby Welcome and Welcome Plus Awards aim to encourage breastfeeding mums to confidently breastfeed in public and aims to reduce the stigmas of breastfeeding in public. The awards will contribute to the campaign, as the awards will be presented to businesses and community venues that prove to provide a welcoming environment for women feeding their children and families in the premises.
The businesses and community venues that are awarded with either a Baby Welcome or Welcome Plus award will be advertised on the campaign’s website.
The Different Between Baby Welcome and Baby Friendly
Any business or community venue that provides a welcoming environment for breastfeeding mums is considered as baby welcome. However, it is important for a mother to feel confident knowing what facilities are available for their baby within that premise. Therefore, the awards have been spilt into two categories, detailed below:
- provides a welcoming environment and supports women breastfeeding.
- able to provide an area where mothers can breast feed their baby in some privacy.
- access for pushchairs/ wheelchairs.
- baby welcome/ breastfeeding policy or other inclusive policy in place.
- provides a welcoming environment and supports women breastfeeding
- able to provide an area where mothers can breast feed their baby in some privacy
- access for pushchairs/ wheelchairs
- baby welcome/ breastfeeding policy or other inclusive policy in place
- facilities where baby can be changed or facilities where food could be warmed up
- all family hubs
- all Active Tameside venues
- all Tameside libraries
- It’s free.
- The acknowledgement that staff will be providing good customer care.
- Your business will be providing a welcoming environment for families.
- Customers with families will have an enjoyable experience and be more likely to return.
- You will be able to display the award and attract more families to visit your premises.
- You are contributing in enabling a breastfeeding mother to give her baby the best start in life.
- Your business will be advertised and celebrated on achieving the Baby Welcome or Welcome Plus Award.
If your venue or organisation would like to apply for a Baby Welcome or Baby Welcome Plus award, more details are available in the Baby Welcome brochure. To apply please email email@example.com